Search This Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2011

FROM LYNN SCHOOL WATCH: APPOINTMENT CONFIRMED

DO I GET A BADGE?

Well, I guess it is official. After hearing that my name was brought up before council Tuesday night, I received a letter of appointment to the LYNN DISABILITY COMMISSION from Mayor Kennedy. I'd like to thank her for her confidence in me and I want to assure her that I intend to work to make this commission one that the city can be proud of.

Between this and my election to TREASURER of SPED/PAC, I should be in a good position to fight for the full educational rights of all the students with disabilities, not just the poor ones who write poetry.

About that badge, I really want one. I even came up with a design: a wheelchair with crutches crossed like swords underneath.

No comments:

Post a Comment