Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

FLYING THE FLAG

Boy, the room was HOT. I was sweating profusely, kind of like politicians on election day. Not elected but appointed, I got to attend my first politically staged as a new member of the Lynn Disability Commission event for the raising of the North Shore Independent Living Center's flag. Yes, it was a choreographed event designed to get maximum media coverage to benefit self serving politicians who want to get every vote. Timing this to celebrate the American's With Disability's Act's 21st anniversary was not an accident.

Do I feel exploited? Absolutely. Am I incensed, angry, even outraged? Are you kidding me? Not only does the fact that some politicians respect us disabled people enough they think it would be to there benefit to take advantage of us, there was also free food. You can't change the rules until they let you get in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment