Search This Blog

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Voting Rights

September 11, 2010
Dear Mayor Kennedy,
I am sure of your personal commitment to all of the citizens of Lynn so I was not surprised when I heard from three different sources of your plan to give me a letter authorizing me to observe the various polling places on election day to take note of their handicap accessibility.
The prospect excited me and caused me to do the necessary research to insure an adequate job was done. I found an excellent “ADA Polling Place Checklist” published by the Department of Justice. It provides all the necessary guidelines and offers even temporary solutions to common problems.

Attention to the rights due disabled citizens has long been ignored by past administrations and I applaud your level of concern. Your efforts to insure the rights of every citizen are to be commended. You are progressive and pragmatic at the same time.

Between your busy schedule and my recent accident that you were made aware of at the Sept. 9 School Committee meeting, I have been unable to obtain any letter from you. Hopefully I can get one on Monday, if not I will proceed the best I can

Sincerely,
Stanley H. Wotring, Jr.

781 248-8933

No comments:

Post a Comment